How To Pen Care
The below instructions reference Wood Pens, but may be applied to all handmade pens!
Your newly hand-crafted Pen is made from natural wood. As with any fine piece of furniture or instrument made from wood, some routine care must be taken to maintain the beauty and the structural integrity of the writing instrument.
- DO NOT leave your pen in the car. The temperature extremes experienced in a vehicle can damage or destroy your writing instrument. Treat it as you would any fine, delicate instrument. Although your pen can withstand a lifetime of use it will not tolerate abuse.
- DO NOT use any cleaners with abrasives on any part of your new writing instrument. The fluids and/or abrasives will damage the fine finish and the metal plating. Also Do Not use car wax on your pen, as it contains abrasives.
- DO keep your fine pen from extremes of heat and cold. Both are enemies of wood, and extreme climate changes will affect your pen. Some woods are very temperature sensitive and may split or develop cracks from extremes of heat and cold. Protect it and it will deliver years of writing pleasure for you.
- DO care for your writing instrument the way you would any fine wooden product. Protect it with a light coat of quality furniture paste wax designed for wooden products. After proper drying, buff with a soft, clean cloth. The metal parts of the pen may be cleaned with a damp soft cloth.
- And lastly, please DO use your pen. It is designed to bring you writing pleasure, and not to be placed in a drawer somewhere out of sight and be forgotten.